Thursday, February 22, 2007

Pidgin Post - brief update due to sore hands

Carpal tunnel syndrome means typing hurts so, in brief:

  • my lens sold for £44 + 9.95 postage and packaging - a good result
  • we made an offer on a garden flat in Kingsgate Road, just around the corner here, and missed out by a couple of thousand pounds
  • 4/5ths of the baby's head can be felt above my pelvis
  • we went to see Hot Fuzz and loved it - could have been cut by about five minutes but in all other respects very funny and very English
  • I went to see another more expensive garden flat in Queen's Park that I absolutely love (example of fantasticness: a summer house in the garden that the current owners use as a painting studio) and I'm taking Jules to see it on Saturday
  • my blood pressure is slightly raised and there is protein in my pee (again) so I have to go back in tomorrow to have it checked out. They're muttering about beginnings of pre-eclampsia and induction again but last time this happened it turned out to be a minor blip so I'm not worried, just sick of having so many appointments
  • Angeline and I went for a swim at Swiss Cottage yesterday - turns out my new friend is 6 years younger than me (as well as five weeks less pregnant) so I don't feel so bad about how many lengths she fits into a half hour swim, or the fact that she's run 'oh, a few' half-marathons...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Several of my friends are 10+ years younger than I am - I suppose they started their families at 24 rather than 34. I too have friends who run marathons, trialthlons etc -I expect they'll get over it -or just maybe when I'm 50 I may reinvent myself as a trialthlon person. Can't see it myself but you never know.