Monday, February 19, 2007

Househunting blues and baby coffee dates

I had the best day today - felt like a real lady who lunches and goes shopping for fun.

I met my new baby-friend Angeline (another MW wife) at Caffe Nero on Kilburn High Road and we discussed exciting topics like pushchairs, perineal massage, nursing bras and our husbands for two hours - before going baby-shopping at Adams.

We're meeting again on Wednesday for a swim and another coffee/herbal tea at Swiss Cottage. Revelation: staying at home is actually fun if you have someone to play with!

Note to Robert: Following your advice, I bought 10 (TEN) bibs today. Will that be enough to be getting on with, or (I'm guessing) woefully inadequate?

The house-hunting continues. We decided not to offer on the granny and grandad 1930s house in Brockley because Jules didn't like it as much as I did, even though it was nice and cheap. And if we're honest, we still want to live in a garden flat in Queen's Park as we love the area.

So the search goes on - kind of frustrating, but I figure every house we see gives us a better idea of what's out there. There is a garden flat that looks lovely that is available in Queens Park - right at the top end of our budget - so I'm going to see that one day this week hopefully.

In other news, Bump's All Blacks polarfleece arrived today (size 6-9 months) so now we're all ready for the World Cup! I also got him/her an All Blacks kiwi (small) to save Wom from harrassment...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Is anyone buying Wom a present so he doesn't feel left out? Airini is learning to knit perhaps she could manage a natty scarf or something??

Anonymous said...

oops hit the wrong button again!

Anonymous said...

Yes please Airini - one scarf in red and white like my football team colours would make me feel MUCH better :-)