Thursday, January 08, 2009

36 weeks pregnant


36 weeks pregnant, originally uploaded by Racmol.

Yes, I am HUGE. For comparison, here is Sofia at 38 weeks, the day before she was born.

Went to see my midwife today - B2 is doing fine and is engaged (about 1/3 of the head at least) but his spine is facing the wrong way apparently so I'm allowed to sleep on my right side for a change, in the hope of turning him over. Yay - I get my side of the bed back early!

Also got a tour of the labour ward and postnatal ward, neither of which are as bad as I had expected after the brief and stressful visit we had to the labour ward a few weeks back. Looks much better in daylight and when you're not worried about losing the baby...

Then I went to see the physio about my hip, which is not malaligned after all, just a bit flexible due to pregnancy. Anyway it is already a lot better than when it was I made the appointment. I have a new support belt thing and lots of exercises to do, mainly to do with core strength.

Quite liked the physio - she expressed great surprise that I was 36, which was nice of her. I'm pretty sure I look my age, if not more, especially at the moment!

Jules has just rung from work drinks to say he's at GBK having a kiwiburger. I note there has been no weighing in in 2009 - wonder how Harold's doing?





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember feeling much bigger with Alex compared to Victoria. however pale blue would make you look bigger anyway