Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Photo-free Wednesday

Hmf - "Flickr is having a massage", it says, so I can't post my fabulous new otter picture from Koh Samui. My photos from Pompeii were a bit disappointing - suspect it is time for some lessons and a new flash digital SLR :-)

We have booked ourselves on an Intrepid trip to Egypt and Jordan in February - 17 days from Cairo to Amman - taking in Luxor, Aswan, Mt Sinai, Wadi Rum and Petra on the way. Feels strange to book so far in advance but necessary as everyone wants to go in the winter when it's cooler.

In other news, I got an automated reply to my email requesting a ticket to Prime Minister's question time from Glenda Jackson. Basically it said "You are hopelessly naive if you think I actually read my email, let alone reply to it. Please send me a letter with a stamp and I might think about replying, providing you really do live in my electorate, which I doubt." So I will do that, grudgingly, but it irritates me. Why would you post your email address on a public-facing website if you don't want the public to email you?

Summer continues to be glorious. Off on another Nike training run tonight - any advance on 33 minutes 6 seconds?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
At last I have managed to bring up your Web site if that is the correct term. I have no doubt you will enjoy the Feb excursion in Egypt even if it is 8 months away. Personally I never enjoyed visits I made to countries where Allah is worshipped but that may well have been caused by my inability to come to terms with the mindset of inhabitants!