Saturday, September 24, 2005

Intimate details of my little grey life

Yes, I know I haven't had much to say recently. But the question is...how interesting is it that I've got a new winter coat? It's kermit green, by the way.

Highlights of the week

Pride and Prejudice at the Curzon Mayfair. Not perfect but not a disappointment either. Particularly if you like to watch Matthew MacFadyen striding out of early morning mist in kneehigh boots and a big coat. Sample dialogue -

Lizzie: I...couldn't sleep.

Darcy: (tortured bark) Nor I.


Dinner at Bengal Spice, West Hampstead.

Saturday morning run: 8 km for me, 9 km for J.

Lowlights of the week


J is told that contractors at his work can only take 23 days off a year. But if the contractor budget gets blown by contractors not taking enough days off, they can force you to take 10 days in December with no warning.

And it has been noted that sometimes at 9 am he is still having breakfast. Hurrah for the public sector is what I say. Eating breakfast after 9 am is encouraged - why else would they send the trolley service around at 10? And again at 3, for that matter. Of course, there is only so much plain brown toast with jam you can eat, even if it is only 26p.

Either Abel and Cole didn't deliver our weekly organic fruit and veg box or someone nicked it before we got home. So that's their third strike: week one, tiny green apples, week two, grapes with white hairy bits (although apples fantastic after I complained about previous ones), week three nothing arrives at all and there is no customer service at the weekend. We're defecting to Waitrose, who deliver when you're at home and are also cheaper.

Interesting fact of the week: a slug can survive a week in the fridge. Think he came out of the savoy cabbage.

No comments: