Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The New Arrival

The Nipoori Tandoori arrived today. And there was much excitement.

Jules wanted to know how long the skewers were, so we agreed I would take a picture of one (including Wom as a guide to scale) and email it to him. But then I couldn't find the camera so I just measured the skewer in woms, much to Wom's consternation. You can see his point - why would we need to know how many Woms could fit on a skewer? But I digress - a skewer is approximately 3 Woms, or the length of my arm.

We assembled it when we got back from our separate missions to find charcoal, tools and meat. Around 9pm we were eating our first tandoori barbeque. The chicken was wonderfully moist but sadly let down by the three chilli barbeque sauce I grabbed at Somerfield. Next time we'll try a proper tandoori marinade.

Finished HP6 last night but have noone to talk to about it. Poot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are now well on your way to your first bout of salmonela poisoning from poorly cooked chicken!? There is a reason for people suffering Delhi belly!!!! it is much the same at home as it is anywhere else!

Rachel Matheson said...

Why would the chicken be poorly cooked? It is 400C in there!

Anonymous said...

Thomas Adams has read HP6, and I think Judith has read at least some AND they have broadband internet, so you should talk to them