Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Death of a tailor-made trouser

An expensive first day at work. The big J had set iron to linen, but I didn't notice. In less than a second my Vietnamese tailor-made trousers had melted spectacularly. There is now a gaping hole in one leg and a thick layer of black sticky stuff on the iron. Anyone fancy some black tailor-made shorts?

My team at work seem very nice and not above scurrying out of the office at 10 to 5. We went out to lunch at Hamburger Union in Covent Garden in honour of my first day.

In the toilets there are big signs in every cubicle that say: "Please show respect and consideration for others by leaving the toilet clean. There is NO excuse for a dirty bowl." You have been warned. Then there is another grumpy little one on the sanitary bin, but I will have to check the precise wording and get back to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that we still have three irons here! Possibly all belong to you! Do you want one?

We may even have a spare trouser leg too!

Ian said...

I guess I shouldn't skim read. I read "first day at work ... big signs in every cubicle ... Please show respect and consideration" and I was left with an interesting impression of your office decore.