Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sprained ankle Day 3


Sprained ankle Day 3, originally uploaded by Racmol.

I managed to injure myself on my first lunchtime run of the year, tripping over some uneven paving on the Embankment. Real dignity stripper - flat on face and feet all twisted up.

GP says it's just a sprain, because you can see where the blood is pooling under the skin along the lateral ligament. And it does feel a lot better already.

The main thing I've learnt from this experience is that my children are ten times more annoying when their destructive/creative impulses are confined to the flat! And, as I should know by now, baking with two helpers just turns me into a dragon...

Need a better plan for tomorrow. Roll on the weekend I say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive bruising -I hope Jules is waiting on you hand and foot!

Anonymous said...

Do hope this is notgoing to interrupt the training schedule for your next half marathon.
Sue