Thursday, April 19, 2007

Growing things


Herbs in a tub, originally uploaded by Racmol.

Yesterday I planted out the first of my new herbs for the herb garden and this season's tomatoes (Italian plum tomatoes, this year).

The new tubs and herbs are a present from Sue, who went with me to Homebase on Wednesday to get all the tubs, compost etc. In the end we decided to leave Sofia watching the cricket with Harold and we just took the pushchair without the baby as we thought it would be useful for carrying everything home in.

Well, it was VERY useful but we did get some hard stares from passersby. I'm sure some of them thought we had a baby under the 60L bag of compost!

I'm also going to grow some purple basil and oregano from seed, and plant a tub of mixed salad leaves.

And the great thing is - this year noone will be speculating about whether all these tomatoes mean that my reproductive instincts are kicking in. I think we can say they have well and truly kicked now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I myself have lots of tomato plants but my reproductive urges have well and truly vanished. Being Grandadswife if fine for now!

Anonymous said...

I don't see any growth on those plants and they have been in for a week now!