Thursday, November 03, 2005

Heavy rain warning for Wales

It's been raining all week, off and on. So today I thought perhaps I should check the 5-day forecast for Wales.

When we arrive in Cardiff on Saturday it will be raining lightly. By the next morning, the rain will have become heavy. We will then proceed to Carmarthenshire, where heavy rain will continue to fall throughout Sunday and Monday. Perhaps it's time to admit defeat and abandon my planned visit to the National Wetlands Centre at Llanelli!

Prediction: hot chips will prove irresistible on more than one occasion.

Do I even bother to take my camera?

In other news, there was a very cute cartoon in the Independent today of David Blunkett being led along a corridor by his dog with tears streaming down his face. They were just passing a sign saying 'Cabinet exit' and the dog was saying: 'It's all right - I know the way!'

Endless official emails went around work yesterday with the 'latest' news on the Minister for Pensions (or lack of one). As Matt squashingly said: Why are they cluttering up my inbox? If I want to know what happened, I'll consult the BBC, not the intranet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We note that despite the Welsh being taught a lesson in how to pla the game of Rugby, you have not even posted the result. I suspect that really you only went there for a couple of nights away from home and to sample the local delicacies... if there are any... I can't think of anything the Welsh have added to the betterment of interational Quisine, Welsh Rarebit!? How to use up stale cheese!